The venerable benign0 obviously made another astute observation, which he consistently does by the way, with his latest post titled “King of Comedy faces the Inquisition”.
Then, straight from the threads came the following comments from Krstine0019
Religious beliefs, no matter how absurd they may appear, must be respected. It is respect that enables him and his friends to post their views here at Anti-Pinoy without the threat of reprisal.
There is nothing “kingly” or “intelligent” with disrespectful behavior or lack of decorum. Intelligence or fame can never compensate for poor manners.
In the end, it all boils down to this: It’s one thing to criticize the irregularities within the Roman Catholic Church and it’s another to mock Catholic rituals just to make people laugh.
**** if someone superimposed the faces of his parents over the bodies of pornstars just because that person has issues with Anti-Pinoy.
really is the hard-hitting intellectual that he claims he is, I dare him to come up with an article bashing Islam and the Muslims.
This of course was in support of another commentor, Gin – who wrote
Yes. Its supposed to be Antipinoy site, not a site to bash somebody else religion. I’m disappointed to turn Antipinoy into an anti religion bashing site.
RESPECT. What if I portray your parents as pornstars doing a blowjob in front of the Quirino Grandstand during the hostage crisis, what would you say.
If we got so easily get mad at Mislang because of her lack of decorum in a foreign country, as if she committed a heinous crime, this is worse because it disrespects the very Body of Christ.
If you have an issue with the church and the Body of Christ, do it in a proper forum. Tell us why we have to take the host lightly and tell us that the host is just plain leaven bread.
Sorry, but your argument shows your lack of class and lack of respect towards other people’s religious feelings.
By the way, please send me your parent pictures and let me put their faces in a pornstars body. That is, if you have an issue with your parents.
Allow me to engage and indulge in this banter.
1. The religious “get offended” when they are “mocked”. But have they considered how the non-religious and the non-believers feel when the religious go out and preach “damnation” for unbelievers. Dudes – before you point someone else’s boogers – clean your stuffy running nose first.
2. Equating the Roman Catholic church as speaking in behalf of all the “religious” is quite ridiculous – considering that the Catholics believe anyone who is not Catholic as damned. In earlier days, non-Catholics will have been burned on the stake, or thrown in boiling oil. Straight up – who needs demons when you have Catholics?
3. Mad at Mislang? Hell no – The more appropriate word is amused, entertained at the COMEDY OF ERRORS!!!
4. Respect works both ways – don’t preach your Catholic doctrine so I don’t take out my cheat sheet from the Skeptic’s Annotated Bible. Oh yes, now would be a good time to watch this clip on open-mindedness. Separate the goat from the sheep, the chaff from the grain.
5. I am just wondering if Mel Brooks got a reprisal when he produced the movie “History of the World”. Here are some scenes. They may not poke fun at the rituals – they sure poke fun at the Bible – which allegedly is the basis of these “rituals”.
Mel Brookes History of the World – Last Supper
Moses – Ten Commandments – Mel Brooks
History of the World Part One-The Spanish Inquisition
And here’s a trailer of the “offensive” Father Jejemon.
Dolphy in Father Jejemon
6. On the matter of the “holy wafer” – have any of the Filipino Catholics bothered to check that the ritual has its origins in an “unholy pagan religion”… The Roman Catholic hierarchy are religious plagiarists of the highest order! Which of course is totally oblivious to their equally clueless flock – who get f*cked by hoodlums and thugs in frocks.
Someone mentioned religion and having an appropriate forum and platform? Here’s more on AP and Religion in case you haven’t been paying attention. 😀
Replies such as the ones provided by kristine and Gin are perfect examples why people should keep their religions to themselves – or risk getting a reply from ulong pare, who in his usual fits of genius .. REPRESENT
daaaang!…. dear god, j.christ, hesusmaryahosep, santas, santos, allah ahkbar, muhammad, abus, buddha, anito, aswang, dwende, santa ate glo, santa ate cory, hudyo, gandhi, sexy gurlz:… PLEASE NAMAN, SAVE ME FROM YOUR STUPID FOLLOWERS! (caps, to seriously plead from gung gong religious fanatics to spare me!)
Get the drift? 😀